Message from the Chairman
SOPA was originally established in 1982 to recognize and celebrate the highest standards of journalistic quality and integrity in Asia. Today, the SOPA Awards for Editorial Excellence are regarded as the gold standard against which the regions’ very best journalists and their titles are measured.
Our commitment to editorial excellence is evidenced in a range of initiatives:
• SOPA stands as a watch guard and protectorate for freedom of the press.
• We advocate the best business practices that support and sustain our industry.
• SOPA hosts topical events such as our Media Insiders, Webinars, and workshops that unite and strengthen our publishing community.
• We embrace technological advances and innovation that best serve the information needs of our audiences.
• In partnership with the Bring Me A Book foundation, SOPA embraces an ongoing commitment to encourage and develop literacy skills in under-privileged Asian children.
It is an honor to be elected for a second consecutive year as SOPA Chairman. I sincerely thank all the board members for their support.
We invite you to join with us in our commitment to elevate the measure and model of publishing in Asia!
Raymond T. Warhola
Chairman – SOPA